Pages

Thursday, April 11, 2019

Community College Presentation


When it comes to creating PowerPoints, I absolutely love it. I put so much detail into the spacing between words and pictures, font size or the lining of pictures. Yes, I am very picky when it comes to PowerPoints and presentations. Recently, I’ve been preparing one for my presentation at South Mountain Community College (SMCC) tomorrow (April 12th). Luckily, I won’t be the only one presenting; other TRAIN students will be there to share their own experiences, research and/or advice.
For my presentation, I will talk about summer internships and go into detail as to what to look for and why they’re beneficial. At the end, I hope I’m able to convince students to apply to them. I chose this topic because my summer internship at the University of Iowa made me want to inform others about such opportunities. Before I applied, I wasn’t aware of these internships. Looking back, if I could help someone have the same (if not better) experience than me, why not share it?
During our TRAIN class yesterday, April 10th, we practiced our presentations to help us prepare for tomorrow. After seeing everyone present, I can’t wait until the real presentations! I hope students enjoy what we share and are able to benefit from it. :)


Figure 1. Logo of South Mountain Community College. TRAIN scholars from ASU West and I will be sharing our stories and advice to attending students ("Brand Guidelines", n.d.). 
Citation

“Brand Guidelines.” Maricopa Community Colleges, https://www.maricopa.edu/about/brand-guidelines

1 comment:

  1. I would have loved to attend this especially considering your topic. I enjoyed finally meeting you at the ASU West Symposium! Maybe you could do a post about any really, super useful information? Including in your fellow participants’ presentations?

    ReplyDelete