Pages

Thursday, November 16, 2017

Additional Unknown Bacteria

From last week’s broth, the resulting broth that was left at room temperature over the weekend is seen in Figure 1. In addition, this week, I grew Samantha Faltermeier’s unknown bacteria in TSB broth. The bacteria that I am working with has been isolated on a TSA plate from a creosote bush. As a side note, this bacteria is quite interesting because they all seem to be different. For instance, some have a horrible stench, while others don’t. Also, some almost look like snowflakes and some look like a typical round bacterial colony. As mentioned last week, I performed DNA extraction on these unknowns. Next week, if I am able to, PCR and electrophoresis are the next steps!

Figure 1. The resulting TSB broth that was left at room temperature over the course of 5 days. These samples contained different unknown bacteria that was from a creosote bush.



1 comment:

  1. Hey thats amazing that we are all helping one another, Im not sure if its just me but I feel like all bacteria smells, especially that one fridge I know that one stinks so bad. Anyways good luck with your PCR

    ReplyDelete