Pages

Thursday, November 30, 2017

Missing Bacterial DNA

Unfortunately, I found out about two weeks ago that the DNA I had extracted from my unknown bacteria was missing. I know I had not misplaced it or threw it away because I remember putting it back where it always goes. I had not mentioned it before because I thought that it would eventually turn up. However, that was not the case and I am quite upset about it because I am almost certain that it was not a mistake I made. With that said, there was no further advancement in my research project this week. Instead, I was preparing and creating a PowerPoint about my research, along with adding more information to my final paper. As far as I am concerned, I will present this PowerPoint in front of other STEM interns and Bioscience faculty. I guess I am going to have to find out for myself in a couple of weeks!
Figure 1. Possible PowerPoint theme for the research project that was carried during the Fall 2017 S-STEM internship. It will be titled "Identification of Bacteria Isolated From Wild and Urban Larrea Tridentata Utilizing RS-16 Sequencing".

1 comment:

  1. Hi Brenda, I am very sorry to hear that the DNA you extracted from your unknown bacteria sample went missing. It is very unfortunate that you were unable to further your research because of this. I think it is great that you focused on your STEM presentation and are preparing to present of the other STEM interns and Bioscience faculty. I wish you the best of luck !

    ReplyDelete