Pages

Thursday, May 3, 2018

Onto the Next Experience...

This was the final week I was a STEM/ TRAIN intern at Phoenix College. During my last week, I did a poster presentation at Metro Tech High School. To be honest, I wasn’t expecting many people to attend since teachers didn’t show up for work due to the RedForEd protests. However, to my surprise, nursing students, along with other faculty, showed up to see our presentations. As a result, the turn out at Metro Tech was great: there was an audience, the food was delicious and everyone seemed to have a good time. I am so grateful for having the opportunity to conduct research at Phoenix College but it doesn’t end here… I will continue at ASU West next semester! I am excited for what the future holds and I wish my fellow interns the best of luck during their journey called life.


Figure 1. The amazing people I met and had the privilege to work with. I would like to thank each and everyone of them for having my best interest in mind and contributing to my wellbeing in one way or another. The order of the people from top left to top right is: Amanda Chapman, Joshua James, Mario Diaz, David Ortiz Leon, Luisa Zamora, RJ Mabry, Ibrahim Ibrahim, Brenda Arvizu (me) and Matt Haberkorn. From the bottom left to the bottom right is: Samantha Gonzalez Faltermeier, Rolanda Bell, Cathy De Veyra and Jasmine Patricio. Again, to each person, thank you for being there for me.

2 comments:

  1. awwwe this makes me teary eyed! I will definitely miss you Brenda because we're usually in lab at the same time :D Thank you for always being supportive and encouraging me to do better. I wish you the best at ASU West and at Iowa for the summer. Don't forget keep me posted xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Brenda! I'm really glad things went well for you here and it sounds like you have a lot of things waiting for you in the future! Thanks for being my partner in our creosote project and for letting me present alongside you at the West conference. Also thanks for always greeting me with a smile every time I ran into you in lab. I wish you the best and hope you know that you will be missed here! :)

    ReplyDelete