Pages

Thursday, March 9, 2017

NanoDrop Spectrophotometer & EMCC Research Abstract

During my fourth week, I did not continue to test any of my DNA extraction methods. However, with the methods (QuickExtract, boiling and enzymatic digestion followed by heating using Ready-Lyse Lysozyme) that I performed last week, I was able to figure out how much DNA was extracted from Enterococcus faecalis using a NanoDrop spectrophotometer (image shown below). Even though I do not know how to read the graphs and they all look different, I hope I correctly performed them. As mentioned earlier, I was not in the lab throughout the week. Instead, I was busy writing and editing my Estrella Mountain Community College (EMCC) research abstract for the student conference. I am looking forward towards presenting my project, even though I am a little nervous.
NanoDrop Spectrophotometer

1 comment:

  1. Hey Brenda, don't be nervous about final presentations. They are a reck to think about yes, but once you get to know you're project inside out, you will realize that there is nothing to worry about and everything will be great.

    ReplyDelete