Pages

Thursday, March 30, 2017

NanoDrop Spectrophotometer Nucleic Acid Report

During this week, I focused primarily on the enzymatic digestion followed by heating protocol. Specifically, since this protocol has three different ways to perform it (using Ready-Lyse Lysozyme, proteinase-K, 10% Tween 20 and 20% SDS), I did not use Ready-Lyse Lysozyme and worked with the remaining substances. I was able to perform three sets of Eppendorf test tubes that used proteinase-K and another three that used proteinase-K plus 10% Tween 20 and 20% SDS. After I was done with the protocols, I ran them under the NanoDrop Spectrophotometer and the results are shown below. Not only does the graph show the values for these six test tubes but it shows the results of all of the protocols I have performed so far (boiling, QuickExtract commercial kit and microwave).
NanoDrop Spectrophotometer nucleic acid report of the boiling protocol, QuickExtract commercial kit, microwave protocol and enzymatic digestion followed by heating protocol.

No comments:

Post a Comment