Pages

Thursday, March 8, 2018

Preparation of Research Poster

I started to prepare my poster for the upcoming research presentations. A few of them that I hope to present at will be the Estrella Mountain Conference, ASU Symposium and Arizona-Nevada Academy of Science Conference. I have already included items such as the hypothesis and abstract but still need to include my data. For instance, I have to provide a map that includes the locations each unknown sample was taken from (attached below). In addition, most of the bacteria from last semester’s were categorized in bacterial group numbers (attached below). I will make sure to upload my poster once I have it completed!

Figure 1. The 5 locations where creosote unknown samples from last semester's research project were obtained. The different colors match with the stars on the following maps and shows where it is. In addition to the location, the group number and locality is included. Rural (R) samples had to be further than 4 miles from populated areas and Urban (U) where within 4 miles of a populated area.  

Figure 2. The legend to the following maps that display the location of the creosote bush unknown samples. This also shows the total population per square mile by different shades of color.
Figure 3. This map displays the city of Phoenix. There are four unknown creosote samples that were obtained throughout this city. The samples, from left to right, were from White Tank Mountain, Phoenix College, Tempe and Coolidge. 

Figure 4. This map displays the city of Tucson. There is only one unknown creosote sample that was obtained from this city. The sample was from a suburban area in Tucson. 


1 comment: