Pages

Tuesday, April 17, 2018

Final Poster

The semester is coming to an end and I forgot to mention my results for this research project. After looking at our data, the rural group had twice as many bacterial groups compared to the urban. In addition, the average number of Colony Forming Units (CFU) of the urban samples differed by about 70% (Figure 1). However, there is no significant statistical difference between bacterial species in urban and rural areas. More research and samples will need to be gathered in order to determine a statistical difference between the two groups. Other than that, I am content with my poster (Figure 2) and am excited to present at the University of Nevada! I wish my fellow interns the best of luck during their presentations and I hope we have a fun, safe trip!

Figure 1. The rural samples have a greater number of CFUs vs. the urban group and a slightly higher group diversity (2 more groups than urban).
Figure 2. Final poster for the Spring 2018 research project. 


No comments:

Post a Comment