Pages

Thursday, April 5, 2018

Slow Weeks

To be honest, for the last couple of weeks, I have had difficulty writing blog posts about my research. I have not been performing DNA extraction since the first 2 extractions because they had similar results. Also, I am unable to perform PCR because I do not have the PCR primers. The primers (27F/1492R, V3F/V3R, V6F/V6R) were ordered this week and should be here in a couple of weeks. Once they arrive, I will then be able to perform PCR, continue my research and hopefully identify the unknown bacteria. In the meantime, I have been editing my research poster to present at the Arizona-Nevada Academy Conference on April 21, 2018.

Figure 1. The Arizona-Nevada Academy of Science and the Arizona/ Southern Nevada Branch of the American Society of Microbiology will host the 62nd meeting at the University of Las Vegas ("Joint Science...", n.d.). 

Joint Science and Mathematics Meeting. (n.d.). Retrieved April 05, 2018, from https://www.aznvas.org/meeting/details/

1 comment:


  1. Hi Brenda, I am super excited that you will be presenting at the Arizona-Nevada Academy Conference this weekend! I really wish I could go, unfortunately I have to be at work. However, I wish you the best of luck. I am sure you will do great! Keep me posted.

    ReplyDelete